Monday, June 22, 2009

I NEED HELP!

Ok all you moms out there here is the background. 3 months ago I started Maddex potty training, yes the first few weeks were a disaster (to be expected right) then it was like a light clicked on and he got it. He was having very few accidents in the week and never ever had a pooing accident. That lasted oh maybe 2 weeks then I dont know what happened but he now has absolutly NO problem peeing or pooing where ever he is standing at the moment. He will be standing there talking to me and just pee? Or he will be playing and just crap his pants?? I am done with it. I thought maybe he was just trying to test me to see if I meant business about this whole potty thing so I have been very consistent, however, it has failed! I have tried rewards, punishment, ignoring it and nothing seems to make him even remotly care if he pees or poos in the potty or not. So here I am after just cleaning up 4 large droplets of crap off my floor about ready to cry and most definitly ready to give up! Anyone have any magic or tricks up their sleeve that I might be able to try, it would be a great blessing to pass that on to me. Thanks a million!

2 comments:

Scott and Athena said...

OH Katie I'm so sorry. I'll have to ask Amy how she did with Aidan see if she has any pointers.

MJ said...

Oh I am sooo sorry Katie! Potty training is a "poopy" thing!! I have learned that no amount of coaxing, punishments, rewards, etc will work. They do it when they are ready! As soon as whatever it is clicks, it takes about 1 day! We went camping one summer and Mike showed Kyler how to pee in the bushes and that was it for him! Each child is different and really will do it when they are ready on their own terms! Good luck! Sorry for not providing a "miracle cure"! :)