Thursday, February 17, 2011

Painted and Staining!

Moving Forward! So we have got the whole upstairs painted and it looks great! The next day we went and got our kitchen cabinets and the bathroom vanity. To save on cost we got unfinished cabinets and bought some stain to do it our selves. The first coat was not the color I was thinking it was going to be so we went back and got an even darker stain and this is how it turned out! I LOVE IT! They are so rich and beautiful I can not wait to get them on the wall. Now trying to find some flooring and countertop that I like is the next step!

Below is what they look like before you stain them then the one on top obviously is what it looks like after.

Do you Love? Who cares I do! :)

Here is the Bathroom vanity, we also got our doors hung! Cute huh!

Doors are proving to be a bit of work since none of the walls in this house are straight! (Except for the part that Ty built, and I am not just saying that because he looks sexy in his toolbelt!)

Ok so here is the paint color in our Master bedroom, this is the closet. I thought the color I was getting was almost white with a hint of this seagreen in it...but what we got is a REALLY seagreen room! It doesn't look so bad in the pic and now I am getting used to it and actually really like it. But at first it was a little shocking!

From the bathroom looking in. Not to shabby eh!

The paint I chose for the walls is like a taupe/light brown. I wanted the walls to be light because so much other stuff in my house (cabinets, most likely flooring, furniture) is super dark brown. I want people to walk into my house and feel like they can breath and not feel claustraphobic, so I went with light on the walls to off set the dark stuff everywhere else. (Do you like Ty sitting there admireing his work:) )

More of the front room! I LOVE this room there is so much natural light and it is so airy. Awh I cant wait to sit in it and read a book!

Anyway so it is coming along pretty nicely and I am excited now because I can be more involved and help out a bunch more! Next on the list is
Hang cabinets
Pick Flooring
Finish Basement
and uh MOVE IN!!
WAHOO!

2 comments:

Mrs. Mandy said...

i cant believe how fast it is coming! I want to come see it!

NEWBY FAMILY EST IN 1979 said...

This is so exciting Katie!I can't wait to see more!!