Sunday, July 18, 2010

Chocolate capital of the World!


This last Saturday we visited Hershey Pennsylvania, the Chocolate capital of the world! It was one of the funnest things we have done so far. I dont know if it is just my love for chocolate or maybe my love for... nope it was just my love for chocolate! We started our day off by taking a tour and learning how the Hershey chocolate is made, it was the yummiest day of education I have ever had!


First they get milk from the thousands of dairy farms around the town. Maddex did not like these singing cows because he said they were too "noisy".
Here we go!

They heat the chocolate up.


Loading up the chocolate syrup. Yumm!


Millions and millions of hershey kisses go through this process a day!


We got a little chocolate bar at the end and it was very tasty!


This is a small part of what they offer at this blessed place called chocolate heaven!


We rode a trolley tour around the town and learned all about Milton Hershey and how he became the father of chocolate.


Our tour guide Wilbur, he was a hoot!


Pics with Wilbur and our conductor Lydia, Maddex was getting super tired and would not be a good boy for the picture he was being a bit of a pill at the end. Thankfully he zonked out on the ride home and was a happier boy.


It was a super fun day and I was glad we were able to do it with the Apx wives and my friends!
I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!!

No comments: