Monday, August 9, 2010

This week we took a trip to the Washington DC Zoo, it took a while to get there because we rode the Metro and that is a whole different post! The Zoo was incredible, it was huge and beautiful and the animals had large gorgeous habitats to roam around in! Also I realized as I was posting these pic that most of them are of the backs of my kiddos heads... so dont judge my photography skills! It is not easy getting a curious 3 year old to pay attention to the camera when there is cool animals right behind him!

We got to the "Big Cat" Habitats near the end of our day and it looked like they were hungery! This Tiger just kept paceing back and forth waiting for something to do or eat.

The lioness were so big and pretty this particular one was standing staring at the entrance to their habitat.... see next pic for further explanation.

You can just see this other lioness down by the door, she just paced back and forth climbed to look out the windows then would continue to pace. They were hungery! All I could think was I would not want to be the keeper that has to feed 3 waiting and hungrey lions! Yikes!!

Here is "Big Pappa" this guy was GIGANTIC! I was stunned how big he was and how beautiful he looked Jett just kept saying "Whoa" when he would walk over by us.

Maddex and Jett checking this iguana out. Maddex thought it was a dinosaur and was very concerned that it was dead.

I kinda was concerned myself, he either is incredibly comfortable or he really could be dead!

This was our highlight, this lady gorrilla had just had a baby a few weeks ago and it was finally out and about. So Cute! They were all tucked away and then mommy decided to go climb a tree, it was so adorable to watch the baby try to climb the tree with mommy. She eventually got frustrated with waiting for the baby, grabbed a hold of it and yanked it up next to her. Super funny becouse I know what she feels like and if she could have rolled her eyes she probably would have!

Coming out of their tucked away hiding place!

Here was one of Maddex's favorite animals, he watched this Elephant for awhile. He like watching him pick things up with his trunk.

Big big big snake! Maddex gets right up there close and Jett always stays back a little bit. I like having a least one cautious child!
This was another super fun adventure and I am glad we did it! I love going to different places and see new sights with my family!

1 comment:

Kindra said...

your gorilla picture is so good I thought it was fake. I wish I was here to have gone! Looked like fun!