Monday, January 24, 2011

Gettin Rocked!

We are finally getting some where! We have got nearly the entire upstairs sheet rocked! (these pics are a few days old so we have more now) My dad came in on Friday and Saturday and started tape and textureing so we are on a roll! Wahoo! Up next.. the basement!

From the new addition Ty built looking at the entry way to the front door! Cute huh! Question? The front room is going to be carpeted but the rest of the upstairs is going to be hardwood. Should the entryway be tile or hardwood?

Looking at the new addition from the dining/kitchen area

Looking at the master bedroom from the far wall, this room is now fully sheetrocked and it looks SUPER small! We are going to have to do some craftiness with our furniture arrangment in this room. We even expanded this room, how did the people before even get a bed in the room the way it was???

My nice master closet! Actually this is bigger than the closet in my house in Kuna! Crazy huh!

Dinning room looking to part of the front room and part of the kitchen. You can also see the master bedroom door.

My Huge kitchen! Oh isn't it lovely!! Under the window on the left is where the sink will be. At the end to the small windows is where the dinning room table with be. Those windows look out to a little porch. So I can see who is coming to my front door!

Kitchen/Dining room looking from those two smaller windows.

I had Ty build in a little linen closet in th bathroom so I can have a cute basket on the bottom full of toilet paper or something then shelves for Towels and up at the very top will probably be where the Medicines are hidden. Right now Maddex thinks it is a fun place to jump out of. Or scare me when I walk around the corner!
There you go! I love seeing the progress, even since I took these pictures more stuff has happend and so we are further and further everyday! WAHOO!

6 comments:

Mrs. Mandy said...

seriously so cool! I love seeing your progress. you guys are keeping busy!

Andersen Family said...

That is awesome Katie! I'm so excited for you and truth be told a little envious :) I would suggest tile in the entry way. When wood gets wet it warps. So exciting!!!

The Marshall Family said...

I saw hard wood in the entry. It looks amazing. What a fun adventure!

-tracy said...

congratulations! it's coming together. my vote is tile, the wood will be tons of upkeep if it gets warped or stripped from wet boots on two wet little boys(and a wet dog) :)

RaCHELLE HuRD said...

it is looking so good! i am so excited for you! i would do tile in the entryway. and buy a cute runner rug too. otherwise you will be sweeping up dust and leaves non stop!

Diana said...

Looking great. Thought I should post so you know we actually looked at it... which I originally did a few weeks ago right after you posted it.